Boyds Gunstocks - Thompson Center Arms Encore Pro Hunter--LH Thumbhole Stock
Timely received initial order.Stock did not fit, and part number matched website for "Encore" Rifle, not the "Encore Pro Hunter." Although I initially thought I had ordered the wrong stock, I checked and confirmed I had ordered correctly.
Could not get customer service to answer the phone and had to e-mail. Then, I called sales and immediately got a body. I asked if the part numbers were indeed supposed to be different for the Encore and Pro Hunter rifles, as the website indicated. I was told they were two different parts.
The salesman then went and got someone in customer service to pick up the phone. The lady was nice, put me on hold, and then told me the two rifles have a "parent/child" relationship meaning that although they have two different part numbers, the parts were interchangeable and sales did not know what they were talking about. I explained I needed an RMA number and explained the various ways in which the first stock would not mate to the receiver. I was later given a RMA number.
I attached the return slip, followed their return instructions, and even included pictures showing how the stock received would not fit the action. After approximately two weeks, I emailed to follow up on matters. I was told by Customer Service the engineers reported I had been sent a stock for a Contender model. I inquired about the status of the order, which now showed as being on "backorder." I was told the replacement stock had just been shipped on 2/23/2016.
In a followup email, I expressed concern that the replacement order online showed the original part numbers....the ones which were incorrect. I was told again the original part numbers were correct, and this error almost never happens (mislabeling a product). Unfortunately, the replacement stock received today was identical to the first stock received. The problems are: The throat for the action screw was not nearly deep enough.
There was no notch (as you can see in the photos), where the action mates to the bottom of the stock. The opening for the receiver is roughly 1/8 inch too narrow. Getting this stock to fit my rifle would entail taking it now to someone with wood boring and finishing tools to widen and deepen certain aspects. Doing so would void the warranty, and I would have no assurance the finished product would fit either.
I have requested yet another RMA number and will simply ask for a refund. Would love for the product to have been labeled correctly by Boyd's and have fit my rifle. I contacted Stocky's Stocks and was told Boyd's is correct about the "parent/child" aspect of the stocks for the Encore and Encore Pro Hunter rifles. Hopefully, they can provide me with a usable product, although it will be at twice the price.
I truly wish QC was better.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service policies and execution
- Product quality
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Tca Encore Pro Hunter Rifle Stock
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I rarely post comments on the Internet but felt compelled to respond to the negative comments about Enagic USA. Enagic Electrolysis Water Generators are distributed through a network marketing compensation..."
- "Customer Service is as bad as I've ever dealt with to date!!! I received a Boyd's pepper stock for my TC Encore and the buttstock and forearm don't even remotely match...."
- "I have read a few reviews and can not disagree with the communication complaint But the finished product is well worth it.. Just recieved my stock replacement for a..."
- "House was built in 2007, too many issues to name but most recent I rotting subfloor and insurance will not cover damage due to poor home construction. I've already fallen..."
- "I was in McDonalds in Byram Miss. I ask for a Biscuit and egg delight no meat, first I get the sandwich there were meat drive through, I get out..."
- "On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 3:35PM, I went to KFC on Patton Avenue in Asheville, North Carolina to get the usual Liver dinner. I completed the mykfcexperience.com survey on..."
- "I purchased a Natuzzi sectional at Macy's 7 months ago. Within about 4 months the cushions started collapsing and the leather wrinkling. Where the recliner lays back it began rubbing..."
- "Hi. I don't think this is a complaint. I just wanted to share my recent experience finding a nice used Jeep Wrangler. I had visited a few of the after..."
- "I spent over 20 minutes with a brothers online support person who told me to take out the toner--remove it from the drum-replace it-go online for various information-do various procedures..."