2.5

Timely received initial order.Stock did not fit, and part number matched website for "Encore" Rifle, not the "Encore Pro Hunter." Although I initially thought I had ordered the wrong stock, I checked and confirmed I had ordered correctly.

Could not get customer service to answer the phone and had to e-mail. Then, I called sales and immediately got a body. I asked if the part numbers were indeed supposed to be different for the Encore and Pro Hunter rifles, as the website indicated. I was told they were two different parts.

The salesman then went and got someone in customer service to pick up the phone. The lady was nice, put me on hold, and then told me the two rifles have a "parent/child" relationship meaning that although they have two different part numbers, the parts were interchangeable and sales did not know what they were talking about. I explained I needed an RMA number and explained the various ways in which the first stock would not mate to the receiver. I was later given a RMA number.

I attached the return slip, followed their return instructions, and even included pictures showing how the stock received would not fit the action. After approximately two weeks, I emailed to follow up on matters. I was told by Customer Service the engineers reported I had been sent a stock for a Contender model. I inquired about the status of the order, which now showed as being on "backorder." I was told the replacement stock had just been shipped on 2/23/2016.

In a followup email, I expressed concern that the replacement order online showed the original part numbers....the ones which were incorrect. I was told again the original part numbers were correct, and this error almost never happens (mislabeling a product). Unfortunately, the replacement stock received today was identical to the first stock received. The problems are: The throat for the action screw was not nearly deep enough.

There was no notch (as you can see in the photos), where the action mates to the bottom of the stock. The opening for the receiver is roughly 1/8 inch too narrow. Getting this stock to fit my rifle would entail taking it now to someone with wood boring and finishing tools to widen and deepen certain aspects. Doing so would void the warranty, and I would have no assurance the finished product would fit either.

I have requested yet another RMA number and will simply ask for a refund. Would love for the product to have been labeled correctly by Boyd's and have fit my rifle. I contacted Stocky's Stocks and was told Boyd's is correct about the "parent/child" aspect of the stocks for the Encore and Encore Pro Hunter rifles. Hopefully, they can provide me with a usable product, although it will be at twice the price.

I truly wish QC was better.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of boyds gunstocks gunstock from Boyds Gunstocks and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Boyds Gunstocks to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was customer service policies and execution and product quality. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Boyds Gunstocks for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Boyds Gunstocks?

Comments

Midland, Michigan, United States #1176056

Also ordered TC ProHunter lefthand thumbhole on apr 26, rec'd june16, rec'd a righthand thumbhole stock. No one answering phone, sent voicemail, will update result. not confident