Update by user Jan 12

Hello folks, The sad news is that after nine days of waiting for an answer I was informed that since I did any work on the stock that it can't be returned despite Boyd's salesman determined the model number of stock I would need for the Savage Model 12 LV purchased from Cabela's last black friday. It didn't matter to them that no screws were furnished with witch to check if stock to action bolted up.

As the rest of the stock fit looked good, I did the necessary trim work described as necessary to do final fitting as described in their instructions. The bottom line is tough luck. They would offer me a $40 credit toward a reorder. You can imagine how that went over with me.

Told them to keep their credit as I would make sure I get satisfaction. Will tell oldest son who has a rifle making business online to spread the word.

Boyd's is devoid of customer service. "DON'T EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM BOYD'S STOCKS"

Original review posted by user Jan 08

Got the adjustable Boyd's Stock for a new Savage Model 12 being sold by Cabela's after Thanksgiving. After reading sales agent specs on the end of the Savage Box (model 3 and such) he gave me a stock number to order.

Was not told that orig. Savage stock screws would be too short. Issue is that bolt hole spacing on stock they recommended for this model are not correctly spaced. Front hole not far enough toward muzzel.

Need about a 4.4" spacing , not 4.2". Now on my 6th day waiting for a reply!!!!!

In this day and age of instant worldwide internet communication one would think that Boyd's would have at least decent service. Also tried to reach a sales agent and was also sent to the message black hole!!

Review about: Boyds Gunstocks Savage Arms Gunstock.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Product line.

I didn't like: No customer service.

Comments

I can't even get them to answer the phone. What is going on with them?

This venue seems to get the attention of Boyds as they quickly call back, but as yet say nothing about how or if they will resolve this issue!!??