We ordered 2 stocks from boyds.Both were for savage axis rifles.
We followed the website's ordering instructions. It never once allowed for inputting of the calibers, but asked for us to determine if it was a long action or a short action rifle. We followed the instructions listed to determine which action it was by measuring the length between the action screws. Once we obtained that measurement, we looked to see which action it was.
And lo and behold, it didn't specify the lengths of the actions. I had to Google the differences. Ours measured 5.062 which led us to determine it was a long action. Weeks went by, and after a few emails and phone calls (many of which went unanswered) our stocks arrived.
The rifle fit beautifully, however the detachable box mag didn't. More phone calls and emails and jacked up responses, they said to return it and they'd check it out. After a couple more weeks of dealing with their customer service, we received a wonderful email that said we ordered the wrong stocks and they are returning them as is. If following their instructions leads to this type of wasted investments, we will never buy from them again.
The stocks are beautiful but absolutely useless. And the saddest part, these are gifts for our daughter who just finished basic training. Boyds lack of information and instructions on their website has lost potentially thousands of dollars. As an avid gun collector, i own several more rifles i plan to upgrade.
Too bad they suck. I'll spend my money elsewhere.
Seems to me, they don't know what's on their website instructions, and if the caliber helps determine the action, maybe they should ask for the calibers instead of action screw distance.Sure would have saved alot of issues.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Order processing issue
- Product or service
- Gun Stock
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Ordered a Mother's Day bundle that came with shampoo and conditioner. Gave it to my mom who didn't open the box until a couple months later. Turns out the conditioner..."
- "Ordered a gunstock 20 April, billed the same day. Shipping labeled created and charged to UPS on 24 April with estimated delivery date of 27 April. Called UPS..."
- "The stucco is falling off our house and cracking, nails appear through the stucco. Lennar completed their destructive testing and caused even more unsightly stucco issues. The HVAC..."
- "The Braums at Mustang Rd. And I-40 served me a raw, pink, cold burger the manager on location was more helpful then corporate when I tried to contact them on..."
- "Over the course of 126 days at La Petite, my 2 children suffered 36 reported injuries. When I requested a conference with higher management to discuss the problem, they..."
- "I ORDERED FLOWERS FOR THE ARRIVAL OF MY FIRST GRAND BABY THROUGH YOUR COMPANY. WHEN I WENT TO VISIT HER THE NEXT DAY AND SAW WHAT WAS DELIVERED I HAVE TO..."
- "First the positive (which is why it's got a star at all): The company (when it shows up) is EXTREMELY fast, efficient and hard working. They know their stuff and..."
- "Not much to say (there 4 pictures taken on the same visit say it all). I have been consistently disappointed in the quality of veggies and produce at the..."
- "Case: 1. Download latest Android Snapdeal app 2. Register/Login 3. Connect with Freecharge 4. Keep some money into Freecharge wallet 5. Add some products into Cart 6. Cart -->Proceed to payment 7...."