Boyds Gunstocks - Review about Gun Stock from Yukon, Oklahoma
We ordered 2 stocks from boyds.Both were for savage axis rifles.
We followed the website's ordering instructions. It never once allowed for inputting of the calibers, but asked for us to determine if it was a long action or a short action rifle. We followed the instructions listed to determine which action it was by measuring the length between the action screws. Once we obtained that measurement, we looked to see which action it was.
And lo and behold, it didn't specify the lengths of the actions. I had to Google the differences. Ours measured 5.062 which led us to determine it was a long action. Weeks went by, and after a few emails and phone calls (many of which went unanswered) our stocks arrived.
The rifle fit beautifully, however the detachable box mag didn't. More phone calls and emails and jacked up responses, they said to return it and they'd check it out. After a couple more weeks of dealing with their customer service, we received a wonderful email that said we ordered the wrong stocks and they are returning them as is. If following their instructions leads to this type of wasted investments, we will never buy from them again.
The stocks are beautiful but absolutely useless. And the saddest part, these are gifts for our daughter who just finished basic training. Boyds lack of information and instructions on their website has lost potentially thousands of dollars. As an avid gun collector, i own several more rifles i plan to upgrade.
Too bad they suck. I'll spend my money elsewhere.
Seems to me, they don't know what's on their website instructions, and if the caliber helps determine the action, maybe they should ask for the calibers instead of action screw distance.Sure would have saved alot of issues.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Order processing issue
- Product or service
- Gun Stock
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a couple v2 Pro Series 3, wax cart, loose leaf cart and several e liquid carts. Not one of these items works properly or as advertised. Customer service..."
- "I have owned my Saladmaster Cookware for over 40 years! I bought it in 1973 for about $700, which was an outrageous amount back then. (I made payments..."
- "Jessica Zamarron of Pink Sugar XO arrested for using stolen credit cards obtained by mail thieves Aret and Frances Frangulyan. They pilfered over 759 credit card statements in their..."
- "So, like many Americans, I took part in Black Friday. While stocking up on various items, I went to the skinstore.com to get some face lotion (Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion)..."
- "My husband went to CVS and purchased a MoneyPak by Greendot card and loaded $400. He came home and follow instructions to activate his prepaid card with the $400 online...."
- "I'd say that 25% of the time the potential customer doesn't look at the bid, BUT when that happens you get your 2 or 3 credits refunded. Overall the leads..."
- "The Braums at Mustang Rd. And I-40 served me a raw, pink, cold burger the manager on location was more helpful then corporate when I tried to contact them on..."
- "Over the course of 126 days at La Petite, my 2 children suffered 36 reported injuries. When I requested a conference with higher management to discuss the problem, they..."
- "I ORDERED FLOWERS FOR THE ARRIVAL OF MY FIRST GRAND BABY THROUGH YOUR COMPANY. WHEN I WENT TO VISIT HER THE NEXT DAY AND SAW WHAT WAS DELIVERED I HAVE TO..."