Boyds Gunstocks - Review about Gun Stock from Yukon, Oklahoma

97 of 137 Boyds Gunstocks reviews

We ordered 2 stocks from boyds.Both were for savage axis rifles.

We followed the website's ordering instructions. It never once allowed for inputting of the calibers, but asked for us to determine if it was a long action or a short action rifle. We followed the instructions listed to determine which action it was by measuring the length between the action screws. Once we obtained that measurement, we looked to see which action it was.

And lo and behold, it didn't specify the lengths of the actions. I had to Google the differences. Ours measured 5.062 which led us to determine it was a long action. Weeks went by, and after a few emails and phone calls (many of which went unanswered) our stocks arrived.

The rifle fit beautifully, however the detachable box mag didn't. More phone calls and emails and jacked up responses, they said to return it and they'd check it out. After a couple more weeks of dealing with their customer service, we received a wonderful email that said we ordered the wrong stocks and they are returning them as is. If following their instructions leads to this type of wasted investments, we will never buy from them again.

The stocks are beautiful but absolutely useless. And the saddest part, these are gifts for our daughter who just finished basic training. Boyds lack of information and instructions on their website has lost potentially thousands of dollars. As an avid gun collector, i own several more rifles i plan to upgrade.

Too bad they suck. I'll spend my money elsewhere.

Seems to me, they don't know what's on their website instructions, and if the caliber helps determine the action, maybe they should ask for the calibers instead of action screw distance.Sure would have saved alot of issues.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Gun Stock
Review category
Shopping
review #690210 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Boyds Gunstocks? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
97 of 137 Boyds Gunstocks reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 06, 2015 #1059661

Robert,
If you are still stuck with those stocks i am interested in buying one of them.
I am from Tuttle and i could pick up in person.
Thanks, Luke

Wayne

Aug 28, 2015 #1026183 Weston, Oregon, United States

If you dont know the difference between a long action and short action you have a lot to learn. Dont blame the vendor

3 2 Reply

Aug 28, 2015 #1026199

Thanks for being a ***. Shouldn't a vendor be helpful to someone who may not be as obviously as knowledgeable as you seem to think you are. Seriously, if they had been more specific I would have learned the difference without wasting time and money.

Aug 28, 2015 #1026201

Also, per the instructions, my rifles were deemed to be long action, which I have learned that a smaller caliber can be made in a long action. So yes I blame the bad info on the site from the vendor.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Boyds Gunstocks. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Boyds Gunstocks.
Filing a new complaint about
×