1.9

Received beautiful looking stock for Ruger American Predator, short action.Did not fit when arrived, but not serious enough to return.

ad best gunsmith in area steel bed and fit the action to the stock. Boyd's recommends Ruger factory torque of action screws. All good, except that 65 inch lbs on the rear action screw compresses the plastic trigger guard through which it fits and compresses the underlying wood structure between the y-pillar bed that Ruger designed and the trigger guard. So, I cannot get close to 65" lbs and the wood bridge is collapsing.

I explained this situation to Boyd's customer service multiple times. Because I modified the stock, I'm stuck with it. OK. I also tried to get past front line customer service to explain my situation to a manager or designer so that they could improve the design or at least work with me.

I was willing to ship it back so that they could observe it for themselves. Maybe we could find a solution. No go. They gave up on me.

I have up on them.Very poor response.

Review about: Boyds Gunstocks Ruger Firearms Gunstock.

Reason of review: Design defect. .

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Initial communications with customer service.

I didn't like: Final communication with customer service.

Had an Experience with Boyds Gunstocks?

Comments