Boyds Gunstocks - First Experience With Boyd's

78 of 137 Boyds Gunstocks reviews

I'm an engineer by education and work as a technical director, so I'm naturally a researcher and like to think I'm pretty careful about anything I do.

I had a chance to buy an orphaned near new Savage 111 Hunter combo in 30-06 at an incredible price and did with the plan to improve it. A Timney trigger and a Zeiss scope were installed and the rifle was dialed in.

Next was finding the right hardwood stock to finish the package. So I spent a couple months reading a great deal of the on-line info., watched the videos, called several gun stock suppliers including Boyd's, saw these PC reviews, spoke to some close friends that are hunters and collectors and even got some input from a couple old timers at local gun shops. The outcome from that was Boyd's seems to be the worth looking into further. And I did.

From the first phone call to the last (and there were 5) I had good experiences and good customer service. The stock I ordered had a revised LOP, a optional Pachmayr pad and was laser engraved. I received it 15 days from the day of order and it was exactly as I ordered. The quality of the fit on the Savage is excellent. The finish is very good and the engraving is very high quality. From a value POV, I believe there isn't a better option to fit my needs and I'm extremely happy with the stock.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Good customer service, excellent quality, fair pricing.
Product or service
Prairie Hunter Savage 111 Trophy Hunter
Review category
Shopping
review #747801

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Boyds Gunstocks? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
78 of 137 Boyds Gunstocks reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 23 #1099848

It's great when they get your order right with no problems, and that probably happens most of the time. When there's a problem on either side of the transaction, how they handle that is the true measure of the quality of their customer service. I've read enough reviews of that type (where there was a problem) to conclude that I will not be ordering anything from Boyds.

0 0 Reply

Dec 09, 2015 #1076096

Sweet!!!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Boyds Gunstocks. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Boyds Gunstocks.
Filing a new complaint about
×