I'm an engineer by education and work as a technical director, so I'm naturally a researcher and like to think I'm pretty careful about anything I do.
I had a chance to buy an orphaned near new Savage 111 Hunter combo in 30-06 at an incredible price and did with the plan to improve it. A Timney trigger and a Zeiss scope were installed and the rifle was dialed in.
Next was finding the right hardwood stock to finish the package. So I spent a couple months reading a great deal of the on-line info., watched the videos, called several gun stock suppliers including Boyd's, saw these PC reviews, spoke to some close friends that are hunters and collectors and even got some input from a couple old timers at local gun shops. The outcome from that was Boyd's seems to be the worth looking into further. And I did.
From the first phone call to the last (and there were 5) I had good experiences and good customer service. The stock I ordered had a revised LOP, a optional Pachmayr pad and was laser engraved. I received it 15 days from the day of order and it was exactly as I ordered. The quality of the fit on the Savage is excellent. The finish is very good and the engraving is very high quality. From a value POV, I believe there isn't a better option to fit my needs and I'm extremely happy with the stock.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Good customer service, excellent quality, fair pricing.
- Product or service
- Prairie Hunter Savage 111 Trophy Hunter
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "There are facebook groups popping up all over the country for local swap and sell. If you see Scentsy reps on yours selling bars and bricks at half cost, beware!..."
- "I decided to order a Boyd's stock because I currently have 2 that came on my rifles standard. I went through the entire order process and after submitting the order..."
- "I bought many thousands of dollars worth of merchandise when Aliexpress was accepting Paypal. Of my hundreds of orders two of them were canceled because the seller could not ship...."
- " On March 12 at 11:15am I took my 1 year old dog, Reese to the groomers for the very first time. Upon arrival and during my initial phone conversations with..."
- "Not even 1yr later and our outdoor furniture has become so brittle that it literally crumbles to the touch. I've never seen anything like it . We spent $700.00 for..."
- "I read several bad reviews on Seal Skin Covers (formerly Elite Boat Covers) when my cover roached and I thought I was hopeless for a warranty claim after seeing they..."
- " I ordered a frame that looked okay online in July of 2016. The first frame had a scratch on the rim. Returned it. It just sat..."
- "My name is Courtney and I work for the carnival Reithoffers Shows located in Aiken, SC right now. On wednesday October 26 2016 at about 3:45 am I arrived at..."
- "Extremely disappointed with Jerome's oops proof! Can not believe they way they handle their customers. I purchased a dinning table set and when you file a claim only..."